Bigger TV, Crappier Game Play?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bigger TV, Crappier Game Play?

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:02 pm

So I got a brand new 47" LCD TV a while back and I've started to notice that I haven't been able to do a good as I used to. When I played on a 32", I always got around 20 kills each game. Now I'm even lucky to get 10. Do you guys think that the new TV is affecting my game play, or that I'm just being paranoid about it?

Back to top Go down

Re: Bigger TV, Crappier Game Play?

Post  AVB148 on Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:15 pm

When I upgraded to a bigger tv it took me a while to get used to playing on. Because the tv is bigger it feels like the sensitivity is turned up.

So maybe it's a little bit of both, you just need some time to get used to it
AVB148
Clan Manager
Clan Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:20 pm

I have been seeing that I'll be really good for a couple matches. I also got a Turtle Beach headset so I don't know if that's also affecting my game play. I suppose I'll find out in time.

Back to top Go down

Post  ChiefNBG on Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:01 am

I have a 46" and 24" . Played on the bigger one first, after getting the small TV I won't play on the big one. Do much better, easier to scan smaller screen!

ChiefNBG
CEO/Boss/Certified Bad Ass
CEO/Boss/Certified Bad Ass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Floyd1029 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:23 pm

There is also a thing on the newer t.v.'s that is called motion enhancement that will mess up the game play. If you have this on your t.v. you need to disable it or you are going to find it very hard to kill anyone. I learned this the hard way. After I did this my game play went back to normal. Went from a 32" to a 60". Hope this helps.

Floyd1029
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  vitalik1582 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:39 pm

+1 to Floyd, i play on 47" and playing on his ginormous 60" TV was a lot more difficult at first not only because of the motion thing but because there is a LOT more surface to scan! i think its all about time and getting used to it.
vitalik1582

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:58 am

Floyd1029 wrote:There is also a thing on the newer t.v.'s that is called motion enhancement that will mess up the game play. If you have this on your t.v. you need to disable it or you are going to find it very hard to kill anyone. I learned this the hard way. After I did this my game play went back to normal. Went from a 32" to a 60". Hope this helps.

I believe I managed to turn the motion enhancement off on my tv. My K/D ratio is slowly coming back up to where it used to be. Couple of days ago, I went 24 and 4 in Bakaara on TDM, first time in a couple weeks that my ratio for a match has been over 1.5. I was actually pretty excited about that. To top it all off, I went 27 and 4 on Hardhat a couple matches later! Very Happy
All I gotta say is thanks for the tip. Also, I think I've changed my gameplay to a more defensive strategy. That also might have helped me. lol!

Last edited by carnage353 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Realized I had another match where I did really well and forgot about it.)

Back to top Go down

WDF

Post  barrios187 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:15 am

i got a 2010 47 inch samsung 240hz and there is a option i put on called game mode...it lowers the resolution a bit so it can play smoother for games....

barrios187
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top